View Single Post
MuddyBoots
Monster on the Hill

Member Since Sep 2020
6,310 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Yesterday at 09:39 AM

It was definitely more of a joke, but that road is a dirt road with like three houses primarily used for logging and drug deals (if we're talking business, historically, I was kinda being honest about the psychedelic part just because that's where I got my drugs) or hiking/hunting (if we're talking recreation). We also just got out of leaf-peeping season so everyone around here myself included is kinda sick of seeing walking SAR statistics and just looks at people in the woods with shoes obviously not meant to get muddy thinking "this is why property taxes are high." I'm going to admit I am one of those "New England arseholes" who part take in joking about "out-of-staters" (and yes, I've been the receiving end of "Cow Hampshire" jokes when in Boston, 'tis all in good jest usually, of course we know when going 65 in a 55 we're going too slow). And, yes, I am more aware than I'd like to be that everybody wants to do real estate in NH, and this dude might just be looking for a nice forest to take from responsible loggers and chop down and put up some part-time residents in multi-million dollar homes. They hate where they live so they want to come here to make it like where they came from...

Okay, maybe I do have a bit of a hateful mindset towards people who haven't proven themselves to be "safe people," and there's no excuse for that, but you have to understand we have a history of people doing stupid or shady shyt around here because they (think they) can, and sometimes they die, sometimes SAR dies, sometimes someone ends up lugging multiple trash bags of litter from a trail that's not even half a mile long. We've had an astonishingly high (maybe record?) number of fatal car accidents this year, and we're in a horrific opioid crisis, so sorry for bringing this here for whatever reason and hurting people's feelings.

(But you still don't wipe down your car on a dirt road when if you drive 20ft it's going to be covered again. Maybe he got blood on it after hitting an animal. I have seen a startingly high number of dead animals on sides of roads lately. Not sure if they've just gotten stupid or if the sudden influx of people into their environment is causing all that death.)

Thanks for this!
unaluna