View Single Post
LadyShadow
Wanderer of Distant Stars

Member Since May 2012
14.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Today at 11:38 AM

Been a crazy couple of days, but that's the way it is in my world these days. Had an amazing event at my store on Thursday, that I got all dressed up for, (see below), been feeling a lot better about myself since becoming more grateful since that (almost) accident with that big tree and my parents.

Was really tested when the event was over because the Marriot Hotel my boss put me in for the night, its restaurant closed by the time the event was over, and I had to order my dinner at the BAR!! OMG, what a test! Everyone was drinking and having a good time, and I just found myself just standing there and STARING at all the liquor bottles at the bar, omg. Thank God my boyfriend was on the phone with me and handled it well, he directed me to go sit down somewhere away from the bar while I waited for my food and just kept me distracted. Thank God for him!! After I got my food, I went up to my room and just prayed gratitude for getting me through that and keeping my sobriety.

Been a really quiet weekend since I got back. I still haven't unpacked my suitcase yet, and have a ton of laundry to do, but so thankful I spent Saturday doing NOTHING and catching up on Catfish the TV Show episodes on Hulu. I'm sorry ya'll, it's SUCH a guilty pleasure of mine!! It's funny because the whole premise of the show can be solved by two people just video chatting! LOL. Today is a nice quiet day too, I am at my parent's house now and spending time with them after a wonderful morning at church. Gonna attack that laundry when I get home though! Work starts at 8:30am tomorrow and I definitely need those black dress pants I wore to the event.

Anyway, so glad to see some June birthdays here! Mine is June 26th, I'm a Cancer. Speaking of watches too, my husband had bought me an expensive Citizen gold watch that I just can't part with. I love it, I've always loved watches. Could never get on board with those electronic fit bits or Apple ones though, I love old clocks and watches. I still have a lot of old clocks in my house - as a matter of fact its my saving grace when all the power gets knocked out!

Hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend. Don't worry guys, I know the election is scary, but it's going to be all over soon. Let's just pray for a good outcome!

Last edited by LadyShadow; Today at 11:57 AM..
LadyShadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
BeyondtheRainbow, Crazy Hitch, Mountaindewed, Nammu

Thanks for this!
BeyondtheRainbow, Crazy Hitch, Mountaindewed, Nammu