View Single Post
Revu2
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2013
4 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Today at 02:41 AM

Hello steppers. D, what you call the lazies might only be a needed fallow period. Even then, sad days at the dentist are a serious emotional drawdown. And, you're not being billed by Health Net AND need to leave it? Oy.

SPG, Methinks your classes are poles apart from each other. Or, they are quite similar.

I spend 20 minutes to an hour each morning, or most, let's say, considering my day, my mood, and what I need to wend my way through. It's my way of meditating. Sometimes I lie contentedly and count my breaths. I think for a flash I felt I had to get out of bed to sit in mediation. I realized that wouldn't work for be because sitting in a cold room is my idea of a reason to get in bed. So now, I wake up, and mediate "on the spot."

The vacay to New Mexico was spectacular, despite chronic directional challenges (getting lost or failing to find our way the first time).

Happened to be in Santa Fe for their International Film Festival and had the wits to grab tickets before we left for the world premiere of a new Georgia O'Keeffe documentary. Good move as it sold out both the original screenings plus a third the festival added.

My Medicare Advantage provider is shutting down in my area, so I have to find and new one before 12/31. I have a list of 40 to shift through. I'm hoping to get a good chuck eliminated or promoted this week.

Monday is full for "steps"
> Our friendly utilities company replaced our bin without alerting, and so snatched our combo lock. I'll try to get it back.
> Our elevator vendor has a couple of things to fix that the inspector highlighted. They haven't responded in 30 days. I'll begin calling them.
> Same vendor, owes us something for 2 missed routine service visits. Ditto on the calls.
< Fun stuff 1: I'm ready to be more active reaching out to friends for getting together.
< Fun stuff 2: I'm reading a book on Zen and the Art of Poker and enjoying it. The writer has a followup book, The Tao of Poker, I think. I'll order that for my self, and send both to my poker-playing brother.

Onward all.

Revu2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote