View Single Post
BalishBun
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Jan 2008
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 23, 2008 at 06:01 PM

If I wansn't married and was knowingly out there with herpes, I really don't know what I would do, simply because I'm married, so that situation never popped up. We don't use protection, so at any time yes I could spread it to him. He knows the risk, but that is a risk he is willing to take, "for sickness and in health, for better for worse" i guess... As far as having a baby, the longer you have had herpes the more antibodies you have developed against it. Your baby will be born with these antibodies but that doesnt mean the baby is completely protected against it, they can still get it. I beleive I read somewhere that you are allowed to give birth vaginally just as long as you do not have a current outbreak and the herpes is not present in the birth conal (don't quote me on that, but I could have sworn i read that somewhere). If I can, I want to do it vaginally, but I have heard from women with herpes that they seem to have outbreaks and flare ups more often during pregnancy for some reason. Ahh! My OBGYN says that when I become pregnant they have to keep a close eye on me since I have herpes.

Do a google search, you will get lots of info on this, obviously women with herpes are not necessarily going to not have babies just because they have herpes so there is plenty of info out there.

Do not stand at my grave and weep; I am not there. I do not sleep. I am a thousand winds that blow. I am the diamond glints on snow. I am the sunlight on ripened grain. I am the gentle autumn's rain. When you awaken in the morning's hush, I am the swift uplifting rush of quiet birds in circled flight. I am the soft stars that shine at night. Do not stand at my grave and cry; I am not there, I did not die. R.I.P. Bandit 7-12-08 I love you I miss you.
BalishBun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote