View Single Post
vetswife

Member Since Jun 2008
Default Jun 25, 2008 at 11:08 PM

I've always played ball from the time I was five till after I graduated high school. I guess a little of my frustration is that I have no control of the game, when I was playing I could do something. But what was really bothering my was the other teams parents, they got our boys so rattled they were just hanging their heads, they got our pitcher to cry, everytime he walk someone or threw a ball, they would cheer real loud (very loud) (these are ten year old boys). I had to separate myself from the crowd because I didn't want to embarass myself or my son (I still watched the game from behind the outfield, I would never miss a game). I don't think it's anything deep seated, I think I just couldn't stand how they were rattling our kids. Well they played again tonight and the parents (adults) from the other team got yelled at at least three times (I had no were to run to tonight). My Mom yelled at me to calm down several times, the other parents from our team were upset too and we (the parents) usually just support our team and not get upset (I was not alone tonight, in my feelings). Anyway I don't like feeling this anger, I felt like my heart was going to jump out of my chest and I was shaky. I'm sure this isn't going to be the first time that I am exposed to these kind of people. How do you keep your cool, and not let them bother you?