Thread: potty training
View Single Post
rainbow62

Member Since May 2008
Default Jun 29, 2008 at 12:46 PM

Hi Brian,

Don't worry about the toilet training. One of my sons took that long too but he came along fine.

I taught preschool for 9.5 yrs and believe me, we had accidents almost every day. IMO children also learn by observing peers go through the motions and that seems to tell them that that's the way things go.

You don't have to tell the preschool that he's not toilet trained. Just tell them that he has mistakes sometimes. Like I said, when I was teaching, there were parents saying their kids were trained but in school, they would have accidents every day. If I had an assistant teacher, that was no problem for me because I had someone helping out. I did however feel badly for the parents who had to wash out those clothes after they'd be sitting in plastic bags for awhile.

For our last child, we had to practically turn our 1/2 bath into HIS toileting room. I had alphabet charts on the wall, books in a caddy and even some toys for when he would sit. I figured I'd make his toileting time a "learning" experience! lol Well it worked for him.

Don't give up....some kids just take longer than others and he'll learn in Preschool along with the other things he'll learn there
rainbow62 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote