View Single Post
Schatje

Member Since Jan 2008
Default Jul 02, 2008 at 12:56 AM

We got a lead on a rental house two days ago that is about a mile from where we are building a house. The owners don’t mind that we will only be there for less than a year and we have 4 cats so we couldn’t pass the opportunity up. We went and saw it last night and put down a deposit. We will be moving at the end of the month. Later that night I started to feel so horrible that I was uprooting my family again that I was shaking and sobbing uncontrollably.

You see, we sold our home last year and moved into a rental about 5 miles away so my son had to say goodbye to his friends. Since we have moved here he has made lots of friends here and started school and made friends there. Now I’m moving him away again from his friends again and his school. It is made worse by the fact that we are moving to a place where there are really no kids for him to play with so the opportunity to make some new friends is nil until school starts. I also feel bad that my 6 year old and my 9 month old will have to share a room and some of their toys will have to be boxed up until the new house is finished in February.

Realistically I know that this is the right thing to do. It will save us money in gas and utilities, it will get him into the school district he will be in until he graduates, he won’t have to transfer to the new school in the middle of the year, the kids have more than enough toys, it isn’t for very long, and there really is no big deal about the kids sharing a room because kids do it all the time. I hate it where I live, I don’t care for the landlord, some of the neighbors are kind of questionable, it is 20 miles to get to town, and just under 20 miles to get to where we are building our house, but I hate that I have to do this to the kids.

How do I deal with this guilt?

"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly. "One must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower." - Hans Christian Andersen
Schatje is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote