pachyderm
Legendary

Member Since Jun 2007
2,857 hugs
given
Default Jul 02, 2008 at 10:11 AM

</font><blockquote><div id="quote"><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Timgt5 said:
Sometimes you have to try to understand why you feel hatred toward someone, is that hate really justified? I have found in my 40 odd years of living that there are three main things that cause one person to hate another.

1. That individual has either harmed you or someone you care about in some significant way...

So analyze and understand why you feel animosity towards this person.

If it is the first thing

Was the offense deliberate a misunderstanding or accident?
How much damage was done and was it permenant in some way?
DId this person realize the offense and try to apologize or make ammends in some way?

</div></font></blockquote><font class="post">

I cannot say that I really hate anyone who I feel has done damage to me, but I certainly have strong emotions about it at times. It does not necessarily depend on whether the damage was "intentional" but more on whether I view society as rewarding the damager more than it cares about me. That is, some of the people I feel have harmed me are those whom "society" rewards by giving them positions of "authority" or accolades of some sort -- which certainly have never been given to me. Some of the damage was very severe; it remains to be seen how permanent it is. The effects are still present. And no, the ones I have the greater problems with have never seen fit to apologize (if the damage was personal) or even recognize any error.

I seem to be very impressed with authority...

Thou might'st him yet recover
-- Michael Drayton 1562 - 1631
pachyderm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote