View Single Post
Wants2Fly
Grand Magnate

Member Since Jul 2004
49 hugs
given
Default Mar 08, 2005 at 12:56 PM

I would like it quite a bit if people with a bit of time would visit my thread on this forum about "Truth Hurts as Much as Lies." I think it is a specific example of rejection sensitivity.

Even though I knew in my heart that I'd been left for another woman -- even though it doesn't matter why one is abandoned abruptly, the pain of rejection will be there -- tracking down the evidence reopened the wound and brought all the pain to the surface again.

I've been asked why I felt the need to do this tracking down of info so long after the bertrayal and abandonment. All I can say that it was as natural to me as breathing. Curiosity and persistence are two of my innate qualities from childhood. I've been trained to investigate as a journalist and academic researcher. I didn't even consider whether finding out this info was "right" or "wrong" -- would be "hurtful" or "harmful." I doodled it around with the search every once in a while, and suddenly the info was there. As I say, not to have found out would have gone against the grain of who I innately am. I was not looking to torture or hurt myself. I hope I'm not too much