View Single Post
GreyGoose
Veteran Member

Member Since Nov 2004
Default Mar 09, 2005 at 07:52 PM

Sorry, I stepped away for about an hour to try and get caught up on some things. It's nearly impossible to get anything done sometimes once the anxiety/panic hits and all you can think of is some horrible disease you might have, dying, etc. Obscessions sure can consume a large part of our lives sometimes.

Yes, that would be great if I could PM you and vice-versa:-). As a matter of fact, I was thinking I would maybe even redo my profile and add my IM screen names. I would always welcome IM's. I don't really have anyone on my buddy list at the moment but I used to have lots of people there many years ago. I really miss those days and getting to talk with people one-on-one.

I really appreciate you sharing your story with me like that. It let's me know at least that I am not alone. I would'nt wish this horrible disorder on anyone. Once the "steam-roller" of anxiety hits and begins to gain momentum, there seems to be very little to stop it outside of maybe a good stiff shot of Vodka or a handful of "happy" pills. For me, talking to other people helps a LOT.

I guess what is the most frightening about Anxiety/Panic/OCD/Hypo is that once the proverbial "snowball" begins rolling, it has some pretty horrific symptoms of it's own (including physical ones) and it's so easy to then misinterpret these anxiety-related symptoms as being the disease you "thought" you and of course, the more you fret, the more intense these symptoms become until you swear your about to die at any moment from your "disease". It actually feeds upon itself and is self-sufficient like it's own little "fear factory" (if that makes any sense).

Anyway, thank's again so much!!:-)
GreyGoose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote