Thread: Gay vs Straight
View Single Post
Anonymous81711

Default Jul 15, 2008 at 04:49 PM

Keebler - Hi and welcome!

My point of veiw on the whole issue is just to live your life not within a label but just as a sexual being. I think we all feel this need to put things into categories or "boxes" when really, all that matters is that we are happy with the relationships(or lack thereof) that we choose for ourself.

There are ALOT of types of relationships that get flack from society - i try and veiw it in whats already come to pass with history. Like a previous poster said, at one point interracial relationships were frowned upon and now they are not. Heck, at one point, a woman and her brother living together was considered to be a nono!

What makes YOU happy? If it truly is being in a homosexual relationship, there is a whole community of people who are there to support you in that. You said you live in California - which means there is likely a large gay community for you to meet and become friends with as well!

As for acceptance from those you love, family, or friends - well, you can only try to show them the how and whys of things and they are responsible for their reactions. If its a friend, i would expect them to accept me no matter what i chose. Family is a bit stickier, because alot of the older generation was raised that homosexuality was wrong or bad, which I dont beileve to be at all true.

The most important thing is to be true to YOURSELF. It may be hard to be in a homosexual relationship, but if you try and force yourself straight(or gay, for that matter) you will likely end up just as miserable as you would be the other way.

So give it some time, keep exploring(SAFELY! always )
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote