View Single Post
mj14
Grand Member

Member Since Feb 2002
Default Mar 13, 2005 at 04:58 PM

zh, you are very much mistaken. There were plenty of things you could have said that would have changed my feelings.

You see, I was not hurt that other people did not share in my feelings. I have never expected everyone to be happy for us. What hurt me was seeing someone who is very rarely in chat say that my "ongoing canoodling in chat" was "getting embarassing for many." It hurt to know that I was the topic of gossip, and that people I considered my friends were talking about me behind my back instead of voicing their concerns directly to me.

It also hurt for someone who has shared many details of her dating like here on the forum to say that they wished we had kept this private, and that to discuss our personal life on a mental health forum was "out there." Why must we hide in the shadows when others can speak freely? Do our feelings mean so very little here?

I have always considered the people here to be my friends. My heart is broken that some of those friends chose to completely forget everything they know about me, every good thought they might have had, and judge me based on one thing alone. What breaks my heart even more is the thought that those people may never have had any good thoughts of me to begin with.

I never attacked anyone, yet I feel like my life here has just been stripped away. It's going to be a long, long time before I recover from that pain.