Thread: Bullies
View Single Post
darkeyes
Elder

Member Since May 2001
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 16, 2005 at 11:19 AM

I know what you mean, I have noticed that the TV (I don't get to watch much) has had this topic coming up at the end of the news, or maybe I heard it on talk radio, but I firmly agree, there isn't much in the media, I feel there should be, Bullying is so prevalent today and oh so very damaging to our children.
My son from 2nd to 8th grade was a victim, my heart use to break, though he pretended it didn't make him depressed, I knew he was.
His HS years have been great, he was happy that my husband had a job relo, and we had to move.
So far his story has had an upbeat outcome, which in turn has made me happy. Too bad most of his school years have been tarnished, but that is the past, he's happy now, and in Sept will be going to college .
Okay, it just came to me, it was local radio station, talk show, plays local/state news and more schools are planning on addressing this issue with more seriousness,having meetings to educate familis, and the students.
I also think the news said they are strapping down on the penalties the bullies must recieve.
Any parent with a child with a history of bullying, needs to have a therapist evaluate this, it isn't mentally healthy for the child and the victims.
Just my long winded 2 cents.

Please take care,
DE