View Single Post
confoozed

Member Since May 2008
Default Aug 29, 2008 at 02:51 PM

UPDATE:

We have had a total of 2 hearings so far. Two of my kids were released back to my custody but are still considered wards of the state until our parenting classes are complete.

The parenting classes began only a few days before our second hearing because as usual, CPS wanted to drag their feet in getting the referrals done.

But nonetheless, the baby and my son are home. The baby and I have been bonding all over again with walks, activities and cuddle times. My son has just started his freshman year of high school, this past Monday! (I was pretty nervous for him!) They both enjoy being home again.

My 12 yr old girl is still in the facility she's been in and has been working toward her release. They want to be sure she's stable enough to return and that she's able to follow the rules, like she should. They also didn't want to overload me having all the kids back in my care at once.

Fortunately, my daughter has been having home visits for weekends and overnights. This weekend will be for two nights and she's pretty excited about it. Our next court hearing isn't until December, but everyone tells us that she'll be back home long before then. Possibly within a month.

I plan on getting the kids out more often while the weather's still nice. I also plan on finding another Dr. for my children. One who will take my concerns seriously and not report me for calling the emergency department for help. Further, I'll definately be keeping a much closer eye on them as I know that curiosity can sometimes lead to trouble. I've learned to be a better judge on things through all this as well.

So- things are finally returning to normal. Thank you to all who have responded to this thread and to those who have kept in touch with me in my personal messages.

Hugs to all of you for your very kind wishes.

I love; therefore, I am.
confoozed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote