View Single Post
Mischka

Member Since Sep 2008
Thumbs up Sep 12, 2008 at 11:39 AM

Patty,

I had similar issues if you will, went from one to another to another, and I too have been "solo" for just over 4 years now, and I am loving it. No relationships apart from that of my girls who reside with me, but that is not what we are talking about. lol.

I have been told " you need a man" and other similar comments about not choosing to be in a relationship... personally I have found being decidedly single and staying that way very illuminating and refreshing Not to mention liberating and healthy for me. I have grown in my own sense of self, Self and Spirituality, esteem, confidence etc all have blossomed. Self sufficiency too. Things I used to balk at or get my partner to do for me I now do for myself whenever possible for me to do, and I also teach my daughters in the same manner.

I am not however saying that relationships are not good for you in those areas, just that for me personally I never got there while in a relationship. I may one day consider "looking" for a partner, but I am not going to do so actively until my girls are grown up. In the mean time, I am devoting the energy that was otherwise taken up in dysfunctional situations and apply it to my own personal development, health, my girls, my home, garden, pets and friends and family. Intimate relationships can wait.

Blessings
Mischka

In my behavior, I would end, or have one ended, and just move on to another...
Now, 4 years solo, I am really just finding peace of mind. There is no rule that says one has to be in a relationship, and, for me, it has been liberating and a path to self-discovery to be on my own.
Patty
Mischka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote