View Single Post
jinnyann

Default Oct 17, 2008 at 03:52 PM

Hi, I have not read all the replies ..... but I read your original post ... what a wonderful person you are to think of these things in the first place, of how problems may be passed ont to your children ...

I just want to put in my opinion on this matter ... I'll keep it short. I was sexually abused .... neglected, emotionally abused, abandoned, rejected leading to me being insecure, low self esteem, no confidence. I struggled for years really looking back..... I married, had my daughter when I was 23 and suffered post natal depression .... I overcame that and went on to have my son nearly 3 years later .... post natal depression again, but had very good support from husband and family.

I believe the pn depression was felings and trauma coming back from my past, me thinking I wasn't a good enough mother etc etc .... I explained all this to my T and she said I have done m y very best, given my kids LOVE, SECURITY AND PROTECTION ..... my daughter is taking music composition at University, my son is in the top 0.5% in English in the country and is going on to do journalism and writing after school ...... they are sociable, intelligent, worldly and capable ... They have always known they are loved..maybe a little over protected by me ...I've made mistakes, but I've never regretted having them, they make my life complete and they are an asset to this world .... as long as your children are loved, protected and know right from wrong I can see no problem .... you sound like a thoughtful, selfless person to me by your opening statement .... I think you will make an excellent parent .... good luck
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote