View Single Post
sabby
Community Support Team

Member Since Feb 2005
6,304 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 13, 2008 at 11:02 AM

Aside from the normal teenage urges and exploration, I think it's more important to find some self love and appreciation before expecting to find it from others. I know it's hard to do at the wonderful and tender age of 15. Communication is hard with parents, siblings, friends and with oneself. But it's not impossible.

No one out there in the world can give us everything we need. I believe we are responsible for helping ourselves and what we get from someone else is icing on the cake. If we become self reliant, self loving, self soothing, then we are much more capable of distinguishing between good and bad relationships. We provide boundaries for ourselves with others that are very important in keeping ourselves safe and happy. We also won't have the fear that if someone we have a relationship with leaves us, we won't fall apart because we know we can make it on our own. Granted, we would be sad and grieve over the loss, but it won't be all consuming and so devastating that we can't continue our daily lives.

I say all this to give you something to think about and grasp onto. I remember how crazy my head was at 15 (many eons ago LOL). Growing up is not an easy task....can be very confusing. I give you lots of credit for thinking, talking, getting advice....that was a very mature and responsible thing to do!

Wishing you well!

sabby
sabby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote