View Single Post
skeeweeaka
Veteran Member

Member Since Jul 2008
Default Dec 05, 2008 at 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theama View Post
This is similar to the "medication turns you into a zombie"-thing. It's different for everybody, and it shouldn't discourage someone for trying a med that might work for them. If you gain weight, talk to your p.doc and tell him you wish to stop - then try another one. It's not any worse than that.
Zyprexa is the one that's most notorious for its weight gain side effect, Lithium comes on a close second. I know two girls who both gained 50-60lbs from being on Zyprexa, but yeah - it's different for everybody. I was on lithium and gained weight, but I know many who haven't.
Yes it is different for everyone... Again, I posted it to provide information only not to prevent people from taking their meds but perhaps to ask more questions and do more research.

I took both of the drugs you mentioned, Zyprexa caused me to gain a lot of weight and have permanent seizures...Lithium...caused me to gain so much weight I couldn't walk and had extreme edema and high blood pressure...

TJ

Thyroid disorders can cause depression and can mimic bipolar disorder... Please read below regarding one form, hypothyroidism, and have your numbers checked...TSH, T3, T4, Free T3, Free T4, and Thyroid Antibodies (for Graves Disease and Hashimotos Disease (which mimics BP)
skeeweeaka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote