View Single Post
madisgram
Elder

Member Since Nov 2008
542 hugs
given
Default Dec 08, 2008 at 11:07 AM

the description of your bipolar is very similiar to mine. what worked for me; medication and therapy and of course my pdoc. as for how it may affect your life..once they identified the drugs i best reponded to, slowly i reentered the workforce (took about 6 months). i returned to my professional career and was successful again. so at least for me having bipolar disorder was not the end of my life by any means! yes it took a lot of work, cooperation with my psychologist and pdoc, but you can have a good life after diagnosis. you mentioned in a previous posting that you are following the good advice you've been given so don't get discouraged. you're the main ingredient in the equation and it sounds as tho there will be improvement if you keep at what you're doing to get better. sometimes i would get mad at what i had, rant, but kept one foot forward and it worked for me!
as for the type of job that may be best for you i can only say that very stressful jobs may not be the thing for some of us. if you take the entry to the workforce as you become stronger emotionally you will be able to identify what may be best for you. trial and error is ok too. testing for what you are most talented for is also a good avenue. like are you a people person or introverted, skilled in what areas?, etc. the office of vocational rehabilitation may offer you some help due to your diagnosis. they are a federal/state run organization and have funding to order testing, counseling, etc plus help you find a job. just take baby steps at first and get your bipolar stabilized first.
hope this helps and gives you hope for the future.

Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark, in the hopeless swamps of the approximate, the not-quite, the not-yet, the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish, in lonely frustration for the life you deserved, but have never been able to reach. Check your road and the nature of your battle.
The world you desired can be won. It exists, it is real, it is possible, it is yours..~Ayn Rand
madisgram is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
bizi