View Single Post
mak62184

Member Since Jul 2008
Default Dec 10, 2008 at 03:53 PM

I wish I could stop being so nosy at work with messages posted to the wait staff, so I probably brought this on myself.

Okay, I only end up reading what is posted on the ice machine, because who knows, maybe there could end up being some info posted there that I might need to know. Plus, I am always just curious of who is coming in to work while I'm there.

Anyway, thanks to my nosy tendencies, I ended up finding out that there is a party next week for the wait staff, for the holidays. That sort of depressed me because I am thinking I am not invited. I am under that impression because they are doing a Secret Santa thing, and I obviously was not given any info on that. I'm just more depressed about it because I'm really hoping that the party is just for the wait staff and nobody else on staff, like the kitchen staff. If it is both, then that basically means I was the only person not invited. It hurts because I have been working at this place for over a year now, and although I am always told I'm doing good, I just feel very unimportant. Plus, it just depresses me about the rest of my life where it seems very rare for people to invite me to do anything.

Maybe I am just overreacting, but it just feels bad, and I was in tears over it earlier. Thanks goodness nobody was at work yet. I guess if I did not know anything about it, or it was being held privately, I wouldn't feel so bad. And obviously, I can't just ask about it because that would be rude. Plus, I probably should not have been reading the stupid messages on the ice machine. At least I can say I am probably doing something much better on Thursday and Friday by taking a mini vacation to NYC by myself overnight. But, I just feel left out, and I have a feeling there will be nothing for me after it occurs either.