View Single Post
whitetiger87

Member Since Nov 2008
Heart Dec 14, 2008 at 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrba44070 View Post
I hope someone responds to this.
I watch forensic shows on Tv a lot because some things happened to me that I only remember part of and I'm trying to trigger memories so I know what happened. I have to know what happened to me. I was involved in a very violent relationship years ago & I don't remember parts of it. The parts I do remember are bad. I watch the crime shows hoping one day I will remember. My husband doesn't like it. I don't know what to tell him. Does anyone else go thru this?
Hey,

I have been through an abusive relationship as well and i don't remember some of the bad parts and i try to trigger myself as well. I guess i feel like if i no all of it i can get over it, put it behind me but the blank spots, where bad stuff happend make me think and think and think about what could have possibly happend. The idea of all the possibilities drives me crazy so I want to make myself remember. I think it is normal to want to understand and comprehend all that has happend to us. I think a lot of fear comes from not knowing because then the questions will be there, it is easier to get over somthing u no, not so much to acknowledge that your own mind is hiding somthing from you, and that something is so bad that you can't deal with it, even with all that you have been through.

hope this makes sense, just know that you are not alone and your not crazy! feel free to msg me anytime u want to talk!

whitetiger87 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote