View Single Post
scooterb

Member Since Aug 2008
Default Jan 02, 2009 at 08:34 PM

:Thanks for the feedback. I know the suggestions and advice are for a reason - because they are valid. Dating someone new to recovery is not recommended and I understand the reason. I felt that I was maintaining my boundaries and integrity, though. Perhaps, not. I don't believe in victimization. So I am responsible and accountable for my actions and I feel proud of my behavior. Every action has a consequence. I don't believe I caused this person any harm nor did I distract or meddle in his recovery. If anything I was an example of a good friend, someone who could listen and not be judgmental while continuing to put my recovery before all else. I lent the money because I felt in my heart I was helping someone who was strapped financially. Others have helped me in the past and I try to live in a place of "pay it forward" while staying out of the land of stupidity. So, I think the money karma will benefit this addict in one way or the other. Would I do it again if I knew what was really going on, heck no!
I am not a victim in my living situation either. But I do have circumstances that I must accept because I don't have the finances, etc. to make a physical move to a place where I would be more comfortable and not have to put up with a manager with anger issues and probably psychological issues that are not being worked on. I'm learning each day about staying in the moment and enjoying the journey.
I appreciate all the support and understanding I got when I posted the other day. The ripped out gut feeling is going away because I stay in action. Going to my meetings, journaling, sharing with my inner support circle in AA and staying grateful.
This disease is indeed "cunning, baffling, and powerful."
Scooterb (Lisa)

We are special in our own way.

Last edited by scooterb; Jan 02, 2009 at 08:36 PM.. Reason: change text color
scooterb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote