View Single Post
Auroralso

Default Jan 18, 2009 at 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhitfield2009 View Post
Ever since I have moved in with my boyfriend's parents, I have noticed that I don't eat much around my boyfriend's mother. For awhile she has been concerned and mentioned it to her husband. Also she hints facts to me that she thinks that I have an eating disorder. When it comes to food, I feel like I don't want to eat it anymore. I feel satified if I go all day without eating. I have been stressed and depressed. Before the holidays, my dad passed away and it was hard on me. I went without food for 4 days. Now I eat so very little that now I feel concerned. When did life become so hard?

Confused

Hi Mwhitfield,

Since you mentioned the death of your father, I'm leaning toward what Tara said about loss and you mentioned your depressed. people react differently to these kinds of losses. Some comfort by eating more food . if you are eating more food but afraid of gaining weight this also could be somewhat the norm . Its when it gets out of hand like your doing extreemes to to control .

If it an eating disorder you have had issues and struggled with food ,weight gain ,and weightloss prior to this , then it is IMHO.

The one thing that jumps out at me in your post is control . Living with your boyfriends parents and having to abide by thier life style . Can you assert or have your lifestyle within the mom and pops?
I just wrote a bit more about this in this thread .
http://forums.psychcentral.com/showthread.php?t=88321

glad your here And my condolences for your loss during this time of year.

Patricia
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote