View Single Post
multipixie9
Magnate

Member Since Jul 2008
Smile Jan 19, 2009 at 09:29 AM

lenny said it very well, when we compare ourselves to others we can't be content and peaceful. there will always be greater and lesser people - it is inescapable. it is hard to be gracious in the shadows when we want to be in the sunshine.

we all have different destinies, gifts and abilities. do your best to never compare yourself to anyone. a popular poem called the Desiderata said if we compare ourselves to others we will become either vain or bitter. comparison destroys contentment.

you do not like feeling this way or you would not have written in on this thread. i think your real way "out" is to help others be the best they can be as you seek to be the best you can be, while resisting the urge to compare and envy. it is not easy, but it is peaceful.

by the way, my husband's nickname is "the energizer bunny", he is musically gifted, marvelous with computers, highly intelligent and extremely likeable. i am none of those things, though i am intelligent. i have almost no energy and lots of physical limits. the constant abuse of my childhood is affecting my adult years severely. i am a creative, articulate and stubborn survivor. i don't always look too great, but i am worth every bit as much as my husband for different reasons.

jealousy is poisonous. you both deserve better. if you value this man's company and relationship with you then you must do all you can do to get past the comparisons that are stealing your joy and replacing it with bitterness. i wish you both well.

leslie and the pixies

Last edited by multipixie9; Jan 19, 2009 at 09:41 AM.. Reason: typos etc.
multipixie9 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote