View Single Post
Gracey
Veteran Member

Member Since Aug 2005
Default Jan 25, 2009 at 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowzz View Post
Well everyone, I am a much less frustrated rainbow today. What exactly would a frustrated rainbow look like anyways.

What I did last night and tonight was put little boy down, then wake him up for a bottle at 12, and its working! Thats the only time hes been up until around eight thirty am.

THANK YOU ALL.

Im sure I will find something else to be frustrated about soon, since hes now standing on his own. Oh goodness!

Hi Shug. I'm probably late on reading this but wanted to add my two cents worth. I think you were putting him down too early too. I went through the same thing with my eldest and once I adjusted his bedtime - viola! One of the things we added to our nightly regime was "Crazy time" about two hours before bedtime. My husband would roughhouse with Michael, chase him, whatever for about half an hour until they were both giggling like fools and falling onto the carpet. After that was bath time, and then I gave Michael his "nite nite bottle." He had pyloric stenosis (causes severe reflux) and that little 4 oz bottle was the secret to him settling into sleep and sleeping till 6 am the next morning.

You'll get the hang of this thing girl. Don't second guess yourself, but also don't ever hesitate to ask for advice. There's a lot of wisdom on these boards. Take it all in, and pick out the pieces that work for you and the little J-man.