View Single Post
Lenny
Grand Magnate

Member Since Feb 2008
Default Jan 27, 2009 at 03:30 PM

This is a deeply personal issue and this discussion has had some polarizing effects here at PC in the past. Our children are very important to each of us and our freedoms associated with the choices we make in raising them are precious.

There are studies whose results defend each side of the arguement. We are all here typing away, products I'm sure of each philosophy, so " a spank or two" doesn't seem to cause communication lockout. Nor does sparing the rod.

For me, I can remember the look on my son's face as I held his arm streched above his head while my right hand swung in to slap his retreating behind. It was that of a terrified powerless victim.

I never did it again.

I was given a mind and a tongue. In the vast percentges of human interactions I have encountered, these two tools acting as one, have proved adequate in sending my message,,even when its the wrong one. I have found it easier to appologise for a wrongly spoken message than erasing that look my son had when I hurt him with my hand.

IMHO.

Lenny

Lenny is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Michah, pachyderm, reach