deliquesce
Grand Magnate

Member Since Dec 2008
Default Jan 29, 2009 at 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconut64 View Post
Might trigger: Mentions of abuse

Hello,
This is my first post in this section, I'm usually over at the Psych forum. I'm here searching for any and all advice you guys have to offer. My therapy is progressing and we've reached the meat and patatoes. We've talked about emotional abuse and physical abuse, and now it is time for the part that I really, really dont' know how to talk about: SA. How to start, how to say it, how, how, how. Also, was anyone afraid T might believe you? Afraid of everything? I'm so scared and the more I tak to T about abuse the more afraid I get of him even though I know he is not the bad guy. Well, any help will be much appreciated.
hurro coconut. nice to bump into you outside the psychotherapy forums! hope this place will be as useful as it is over there (((coconut))).

does your T know that SA is something you might be dealing with? or will it come totally out of the blue?

i flagged it as an issue with my pdoc about 2 years ago, but only started talking about it (a tiny bit) last month. i was scared of *everything*. if he would believe me, if he wouldn't believe me, if he thought i deserved it, if he thought i had asked for it, etc etc etc.

but we have been doing it very gently, and at my own pace. sometimes i just say 'i don't want to talk anymore about that' and we talk about something else.

i have had a lot of questions about pdoc since we opened this can of worms. i have a huge amount of trust in him, but talking about this stuff has made me start to doubt him a bit. but that has been ok, because it's been an opportunity for me to ask a lot of questions about him and he is ok with disclosing to me. so it has built up our relationship more, and also taught me that there really are good guys in this world.

sorry for rambling on, i'm gonna shut up now . good luck with addressing this with your T.
deliquesce is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote