View Single Post
pegasus
Q&A Leader

Member Since Jan 2006
4,001 hugs
given
Default Jan 29, 2009 at 02:31 PM

I have had three children and as I said before I have never needed to smack, slap or spank any of them. I have also spent many years working with children and sadly have seen the effects of abuse on children. The abuse having been dealt quite often by the so-called main caregivers. Parents. Very sad.

Someone here said that shouting is wrong. I'm sorry but how would you feel if we said to teachers in schools, ok no more shouting teachers you have to smack instead. Everyone would be in uproar if this was allowed! Why should parents have the right to smack or harm their children. How do you know that you won't hit your child a little bit too hard? In defence of shouting or raising your voice it is much easier to control that and children learn pretty quickly by the tone of voice.

Pegasus

Got a quick question related to mental health or a treatment? Ask it here General Q&A Forum

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will live it's whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein
pegasus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote