Veteran Member

Member Since Jan 2008
21 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 01, 2009 at 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deliquesce View Post
hurro coconut. nice to bump into you outside the psychotherapy forums! hope this place will be as useful as it is over there (((coconut))).

does your T know that SA is something you might be dealing with? or will it come totally out of the blue?

i flagged it as an issue with my pdoc about 2 years ago, but only started talking about it (a tiny bit) last month. i was scared of *everything*. if he would believe me, if he wouldn't believe me, if he thought i deserved it, if he thought i had asked for it, etc etc etc.

but we have been doing it very gently, and at my own pace. sometimes i just say 'i don't want to talk anymore about that' and we talk about something else.

i have had a lot of questions about pdoc since we opened this can of worms. i have a huge amount of trust in him, but talking about this stuff has made me start to doubt him a bit. but that has been ok, because it's been an opportunity for me to ask a lot of questions about him and he is ok with disclosing to me. so it has built up our relationship more, and also taught me that there really are good guys in this world.

sorry for rambling on, i'm gonna shut up now . good luck with addressing this with your T.
Hi Deli,
I'm so used to being in the psych forum, that I forgot about this post!!!! Good to see you in these parts too

Quote:
does your T know that SA is something you might be dealing with? or will it come totally out of the blue?
He knows, he has told me that he has suspect it for some time. In fact we've been dancing around the issue. The memories started a while back. First it was just fear, I didn't know where it was coming from. Then nightmares where someone wanted to hurt me. In my dreams I would get shot, cut up, etc..It was so scary. Then dreams where physical boundaries would get crossed. Etc..I haven't asked T yet, but I think he knew even before I did. It all changed about two months ago when my abuser attacked me. Then it all came clear all of a sudden. It was as if the attack just let everything lose and now it has come out in full force. Well it's still all bottled up and I just can't find the words just yet.

((((((((((((((((((((Deli)))))))))))))))))))))