View Single Post
SICKlySweet

Member Since Dec 2008
Default Mar 03, 2009 at 11:11 PM

I am still very angry with my dad. I moved out when I was 17-18. My dad now is really my only support. He has done alot of work on himself too. We did alot of therapy together, it helped having someone to mediate.

When I am angry with him, he knows it. Sometimes we are able to talk about it, sometimes I will not bring it up. I still have never brought up "the major events" with him, and don't know if it needs to be. I find it embarrassing and very emotional. I know he knows what he did, even though he seems to negate what I say, when talking about smaller issues I had with him when I was younger. Because he makes allowances for things, and helps me out alot with things.

I'd say we are very close, but have a love/hate relationship.

I think it is good to take time from your sister. Maybe you could send her an email saying why. I don't know if you'd have to. Maybe you could just let her know that now is a sensitive time for you.

Also maybe you could try some talk therapy later on down the road with the both of you... Or just by yourself first, and write questions down that you may have for her?

Sometimes it helps if it's not all you, you, you when talking to someone, if she doesn't feel like she is being attacked, she may have an easier time understanding your needs right now.

I understand that she was the abuser than, but since for however long you've been talking now, it may just seem confusing for her, if you just cut connection without letting her know.

Take Care
SICKlySweet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote