Thread: Teenagers & Sex
View Single Post
prettyjolie

Member Since Sep 2006
Default Mar 04, 2009 at 04:58 AM

I agree completely with Saluki Girl..
My parents never talked to me about sex either.
Anyway, I don't necessarily think that someone should call the other teenager's parents unless they think any of the teens involved are in danger, ie. rape or peer pressure..
Even though some start having sex way too young, its likely that they're not gonna stop if you call their parents.. and just like Saluki girl said, just because parents avoid it or pretend sex doesn't exist or is bad doesn't mean that teens aren't gonna have sex. It's just going to make their child feel like sex is wrong. I have problems with sex because it feels wrong and even though I'm not completely gross looking, I am very self concious. My mom recently made a comment saying that "sex is a good sin, but a sin." I don't believe this but it's hard to get it out of my head..
Some states want to make it harder for teens to get birth control or have abortions without parental consent.. I honestly think that doing that is only going to make thinggs worse. They are still going to have sex, no matter what the laws are. And if it's harder to be safe, then there are going to be more teen pregnancies and what not.
Thank God for Planned Parenthood. It helps teens be safer.. there's always protestors outside their building, but they don't understand that they're not telling teens to have sex.. just to be safe, since they're doing it anyway.

You get what you need

Last edited by prettyjolie; Mar 04, 2009 at 04:58 AM.. Reason: error
prettyjolie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote