View Single Post
ThePainNeverDies
Poohbah

Member Since May 2008
59 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 04, 2009 at 02:57 PM

I don't think it's such a good idea telling the other parent.. i remember when my Adoptive Mother found out that I was having sex, she went absolutely crazy on me.. I got beatings for it and eventually, got kicked out, for loving my boyfriend as much as I did and for finding them stealing stuff from my room, like my journal and money etc. Even stuff that wasn't even mine..

My boyfriend's parents weren't fazed by it at all. They were perfectly happy with it as long as we used a condom, even if I was on the pill. Funnily enough, my Adoptive Mother had had this conversation with us about safe sex, because we'd been adult, sensible about it and gone to her, both of us, letting her know how we felt about each other and that it felt right to have sex.. We'd been together between 3-6 months and we're still together now. 3 years on 4th May.

I had been brought up to "know" that it was bad to have sex before marriage and that I wasn't allowed to do it, but I felt that by talking to my Adoptive Mother and her saying to use protection, we'd got the acceptance we felt we needed to be able to go ahead with it. But no, she flipped out completely and, as I said, I got many bruises and scars for it. It still didn't stop me, though, because I KNEW that it was right for me and here in the UK, it's the age of 16 that it's legal. I was only just 15 I believe, so it's fair enough that they went crazy, but we were safe about it and at least we spoke to them before hand..

I think just talking to both teens about it is the best idea, I know this is coming from a 17 year olod, but if you talk to the teens about it, they'll feel they can trust you and you can reassure them that it's ok with you (if it is) but to talk to the other parents, too. Just to make sure that it's ok with them, too. Then taht way everyone wins. Do you think that could be a possibility?
ThePainNeverDies is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote