View Single Post
Shelle

Shelle has no updates.

15 yr Member
Default Mar 08, 2009 at 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky dancer View Post
I don't need this site for my 'religion'. I do have issues I am working through that involves my 'religious roots' and how my PTSD interferes with and affects my connection to my spiritual community now.

This is what I'd like to be able to discuss here, without having to worry about anyone thinking I want to 'debate religion'.

There are cultures within spiritual communties, and if I am not free to discuss how mine worked in the past and works now in the present, then I have one less resource for exploring something that is key to my healing.

I doubt I'm alone in this.

I have started a Seekers of Truth support group and everyone is invited. I'm hoping the rules are relaxed enough in that part of the forum that I and others can discuss topics related to our healing that touch on our past and present experiences, and either help or harm.

I agree with you sky. I also have religion issues because of my childhood upbringing, it is honestly a shame that its not allowed to be discussed here at a board that promotes mental wellbeing. Religion is a huge issue for people whether its giving them peace now in there recovery or whether it caused them much pain because of its limitations in childhood and the shamebased feelings it can cause. Whatever the case the lack of discussion leaves a huge emptiness for some folks who need to discuss the effects religion in general has on them positively or negatively. I understand the anguish and perhaps heated debates in the past it may have promoted yet that is the very point to me. It IS such a powerful emotion on everyone that is certainly warrants disccussion on its long term impact individually. I look forward to your social group discussions sky.

Thanks for this!
AllonsY, Miracle1986, Rapunzel