View Single Post
cantstopcrying
Elder

Member Since Sep 2008
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 13, 2009 at 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff271 View Post
I read all the posts concerning Things to do to avoid hurting yourself.Last week my girlfriend got me so angry,in addition to kicking and tghrowing things,i punched the kitchen walll about 6 times.I called my therapist and she told me to come right in.She talked to me awhile and got me calmed down,then they took me to a room to watch me to make sure i had no more intention of hurting myself again.I now have a sprained right wrist to prove it.I am now on medication and seem to more calm now and feeling a little better.Next time i should punch a pillow instead of a wall.
Way to go on realizing that it would be better to punch a pillow instead of a wall! That's terrific. Thank goodness your t could get you right in and worked with you. I do want to say one thing regarding something you said, though. You said, "my girlfriend got me so angry...", if there is a next time that you get this angry, it may help diffuse or redirect it a bit if you remember that you may have been angry at her, at things she said or did, but she didn't get you angry, you got angry yourself. Sometimes rethinking our anger helps refocus and may diffuse it a little. Keep up the good work, and make sure it's a very fluffy pillow!

Hugs from:
AmandaBroken

Thanks for this!
AmandaBroken