Thread: Reasons Not To
View Single Post
beutifulxdreamr

Member Since Mar 2009
Heart Mar 20, 2009 at 11:34 AM

Y'all have shared so many good reasons not to hurt yourselves.

Here are my reasons:
- I have God siblings and younger children who look up to me
- If I am swimming in my own misery, I cannot even dream of helping others
- I deserve better (stop putting yourself in other's shoes, put others in your shoes - would your friends deserve it if they were in your situation?)
- My body is a temple and every day it is living on is borrowed time... there are people who do not have arms or hands or people who live with chronic pain who would give anything to be a healthy 21 year old with strong arms and a healthy body.
- My mother is dying of cancer. I want her to die happy. I want her to know she raised a child who - in the end- was able to conquer and make her proud... a child who was able to grow into a responsible, whole, happy adult.
- I don't do hurt myself in the hopes that tomorrow will be better... I like waking up fresh and new, not with a literal and painful reminder of yesterday's griefs.
- I don't do it because I love my fiance more than I am angry with myself.
- I don't do it because I want to work on making my mind healthier without my body to distract me...
- I want my mind to be healthy for my future children
- I don't do it... because deep down, I really do love myself =]
- I don't do it because I want to add more positive things to this world.
- I don't do it... because I want y'all to know that recovery can be achieved... I don't do it.... for you

~BxD

- Good luck to those on the road to recovery, and be safe for those who are not quite ready yet -
beutifulxdreamr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
AmandaBroken

Thanks for this!
AmandaBroken, phoenix7