View Single Post
deliquesce
Grand Magnate

Member Since Dec 2008
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 20, 2009 at 08:14 PM

Luce - !!!! how unprofessional and rude!!! i'm appalled. i think it would be good for you to find a T would more understanding.

also had a similar experience (with not talking) this week - pdoc did his usual ramble (he loves summarising *everything* at the beginning of each session), then had his usual "aha!" moment of "i don't know if anything new has happened since the last time i saw her", so asked me to let him know what was going on.

i told him i didnt want to talk, so could he just keep on talking. he said he does tend to talk quite a lot, especially for a pdoc. i agreed with him (lol). so he rambled on a bit more, then was able to draw me out slowly by just asking yes/no questions. he didnt ask anything emotional or heavy, just very basic stuff like if i was still going to uni, if i was taking meds etc.

it wasn't a great session, but it was ok, given my limitations that day. i think pdoc got frustrated, though, and seemed glad to get me out of the room. but he is also the sort of person who does a lot of reflecting between sessions, so i am sure he will come back next time with more understanding/compassion.
deliquesce is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote