View Single Post
salukigirl
Magnate

Member Since Oct 2007
2 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 22, 2009 at 08:09 PM

kinda depends on if its associated with other things. you should start paying attention to the kinds of secretions there are and how they change over the period of your cycle. smells and secretions are going to change over the course of a month so its important to know your own body depending on what time of the month it is. and, like you said, everyone is different. if you start noticing really thick, white or yellowy secretions or you notice that you are really itchy that might indicate a yeast infection. i dont know how old you are but girls in their 20s and 30s can develop yeast infections for practically no reason. (i learned that the hard way when i got one!) and it was even MORE embarrassing for me bc my BOYFRIEND had to point it out to me! I had no clue what to look for so I had to hear from him that I had something going on.

so if you see that you have more than just the smell i would see a doctor. its a really quick check to see if you have one and the medication for it is just 1 pill and its gone. im not sure if otc treatments work as well seeing as ive never used them but if you think something might be wrong you should get it checked out.

hope this helps! and don't be embarrassed! we all have those questions.
salukigirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote