View Single Post
Anonymous29368

Default Apr 05, 2009 at 10:08 PM

When I feel bad I get the urge to do small, repetitive, and sometimes even intricate movements. This usually leads to over eating/biting myself (chewing fulfills this need) pulling out my hair (If I started pluching my eyebrows I'm afraid I'd be left with none left I'm afraid ), and sometimes scratching myself. I'm trying to figure out better things to do, so far I basically have drawing. Sometimes, very few times actually, I write. I find it frightening these days to write down my own thoughts when I have these sorts of moments. Oddly enough doing math problems have helped me before too...somehow focusing on numbers and equations...as long as I know how to do the problem, take the edge off of my impulses and blunt my emotions...but the math solution generally only works in school because when I'm at home and in that sort of state I can't focus on anything else except said impulses.

Sooo...any suggestions? I've tried some of the grounding teqniques like breathing excercises...and they only help for a few seconds...and taking deep breaths and counting till ten for who knows how long isn't an appealing thought.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote