advertisement
Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Cantholdmyrage
Member
 
Member Since Apr 2024
Location: West Liberty
Posts: 87
33 hugs
given
Angry Apr 12, 2024 at 03:03 PM
  #1
https://www.reddit.com/r/autism/comm..._bad_behavior/

https://www.reddit.com/r/autism/comm..._as_an_excuse/

https://www.reddit.com/r/autism/comm..._as_an_excuse/

I hate that whenever I try to explain myself, I get shamed and told I’m making excuses. Every time. They think I just want to get away with behaving badly, but the thing is they push me and push me until I finally snap.

Of all the things they say to me, I cannot call them out for what they say to me without being told “No that would be autistics who have meltdowns when they are called out on their crap towards neurotypicals”. They act like autistics cannot take criticism and throw tantrums whenever they “behave badly” and “bash neurotypicals”. Poor NT’s.

I’m supposed to be ashamed of my autism while expected to feel sorry for the NT’s who treated me poorly. They frame me as the villain and accuse me of having a “victim mentality” all while they attack me and claim that I’m just a spoiled entitled brat who always her autism as an excuse to get away with bad behavior and abusing those “poor NT’s”.

I’m fed up with it. No advice, just a vent.
Cantholdmyrage is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
 
Thanks for this!
mote.of.soul

advertisement
-jimi-
Jimi the rat
 
-jimi-'s Avatar
 
Member Since Dec 2008
Location: Northern Europe
Posts: 6,280
15
Default Apr 15, 2024 at 06:27 PM
  #2
One of my few friendships with an NT ended when she treated me really bad and I reacted to it. She said I did that so she would feel like a bad person. Well, she was. But I was supposed to fix things and say it is all my fault. I don't mix with them.

__________________
-jimi- is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
 
Hugs from:
Cantholdmyrage
Cantholdmyrage
Member
 
Member Since Apr 2024
Location: West Liberty
Posts: 87
33 hugs
given
Default Apr 16, 2024 at 11:56 AM
  #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by -jimi- View Post
One of my few friendships with an NT ended when she treated me really bad and I reacted to it. She said I did that so she would feel like a bad person. Well, she was. But I was supposed to fix things and say it is all my fault. I don't mix with them.
That’s terrible. I’m glad you cut her off as soon as you noticed the red flags.
Cantholdmyrage is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
-jimi-
Jimi the rat
 
-jimi-'s Avatar
 
Member Since Dec 2008
Location: Northern Europe
Posts: 6,280
15
Default Apr 17, 2024 at 01:15 AM
  #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantholdmyrage View Post
That’s terrible. I’m glad you cut her off as soon as you noticed the red flags.
Weird things happen in our lives. I'm tired of NT's telling me who I am, started dissociate at age 14 because of it.

__________________
-jimi- is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
 
Hugs from:
Cantholdmyrage
Cantholdmyrage
Member
 
Member Since Apr 2024
Location: West Liberty
Posts: 87
33 hugs
given
Unhappy Apr 17, 2024 at 03:23 PM
  #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by -jimi- View Post
Weird things happen in our lives. I'm tired of NT's telling me who I am, started dissociate at age 14 because of it.
I feel your pain. It sucks that when we try to explain how we are that may seem weird to outsiders, they just view us as having a superiority complex and wanting to avoid accountability.
Cantholdmyrage is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
-jimi-
Jimi the rat
 
-jimi-'s Avatar
 
Member Since Dec 2008
Location: Northern Europe
Posts: 6,280
15
Default Apr 19, 2024 at 05:46 PM
  #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantholdmyrage View Post
I feel your pain. It sucks that when we try to explain how we are that may seem weird to outsiders, they just view us as having a superiority complex and wanting to avoid accountability.
If they are so good, how come we understand them better than them understanding us? It reminds how they used to treat deaf kids, they weren't allowed to use signs, but they should adapt and learn to lip read and talk.

__________________
-jimi- is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
 
Hugs from:
Cantholdmyrage
Cantholdmyrage
Member
 
Member Since Apr 2024
Location: West Liberty
Posts: 87
33 hugs
given
Crazy Apr 19, 2024 at 06:57 PM
  #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by -jimi- View Post
If they are so good, how come we understand them better than them understanding us? It reminds how they used to treat deaf kids, they weren't allowed to use signs, but they should adapt and learn to lip read and talk.
Probably narrow-mindedness and bigotry sounds the most accurate.
Cantholdmyrage is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need to stop attention seeking behavior wrigh430 General Q&A 15 Aug 29, 2016 10:12 AM
Recurrent suicidal behavior - how to stop the thoughts??! Razzleberry Bipolar 8 Aug 03, 2008 09:41 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:40 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® — Copyright © 2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.



 

My Support Forums

My Support Forums is the online community that was originally begun as the Psych Central Forums in 2001. It now runs as an independent self-help support group community for mental health, personality, and psychological issues and is overseen by a group of dedicated, caring volunteers from around the world.

 

Helplines and Lifelines

The material on this site is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider.

Always consult your doctor or mental health professional before trying anything you read here.