advertisement
Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Trace14
Grand Magnate
 
Trace14's Avatar
Trace14 drowning
 
Member Since: Aug 2014
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 4,009
8 yr Member
2,762 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 08, 2018 at 08:25 PM
  #41
Even though I was not a big fan of Kate Spade and Anthony Bourdain so much talk about their suicides is very triggering. Anyone else feel that way?

__________________


"Caught in the Quiet"
Trace14 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
 
Hugs from:
Buffy01, Wild Coyote
 
Thanks for this!
Buffy01, Wild Coyote, zapatoes

advertisement
Wild Coyote
Legendary
Community Liaison
 
Wild Coyote's Avatar
Wild Coyote has no updates.
 
Member Since: Jun 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 12,735 (SuperPoster!)
5 yr Member
70.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Heart Jun 09, 2018 at 05:08 PM
  #42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace14 View Post
Even though I was not a big fan of Kate Spade and Anthony Bourdain so much talk about their suicides is very triggering. Anyone else feel that way?
Yes.


WC

__________________
May we each fully claim the courage to live from our hearts, to allow Love, Faith and Hope to enLighten our paths.
Wild Coyote is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
 
Hugs from:
Buffy01
 
Thanks for this!
Buffy01, Trace14
Trace14
Grand Magnate
 
Trace14's Avatar
Trace14 drowning
 
Member Since: Aug 2014
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 4,009
8 yr Member
2,762 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 09, 2018 at 11:46 PM
  #43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Coyote View Post
Yes.


WC
Will it ever stop feeling this way? I try to understand suicide and thought I did until it affected me personally. ....*sigh*

__________________


"Caught in the Quiet"
Trace14 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
 
Hugs from:
Buffy01
 
Thanks for this!
Buffy01
Buffy01
Wise Elder
 
Buffy01's Avatar
Buffy01 has no updates.
 
Member Since: Oct 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 9,413 (SuperPoster!)
5 yr Member
9,640 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 21, 2018 at 04:03 PM
  #44
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebop View Post
I will find and post links here to help deal with suicide


http://mirror.augusta.com/stories/09...i_142683.shtml

please post responses in a new thread. thanks
I lost my brother in law to suicide and been there myself.
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Buffy01
Wise Elder
 
Buffy01's Avatar
Buffy01 has no updates.
 
Member Since: Oct 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 9,413 (SuperPoster!)
5 yr Member
9,640 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 21, 2018 at 04:04 PM
  #45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace14 View Post
Even though I was not a big fan of Kate Spade and Anthony Bourdain so much talk about their suicides is very triggering. Anyone else feel that way?
All the time!
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Buffy01
Wise Elder
 
Buffy01's Avatar
Buffy01 has no updates.
 
Member Since: Oct 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 9,413 (SuperPoster!)
5 yr Member
9,640 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 21, 2018 at 04:05 PM
  #46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace14 View Post
Will it ever stop feeling this way? I try to understand suicide and thought I did until it affected me personally. ....*sigh*
Yes! It just takes lots of time.
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Buffy01
Wise Elder
 
Buffy01's Avatar
Buffy01 has no updates.
 
Member Since: Oct 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 9,413 (SuperPoster!)
5 yr Member
9,640 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 21, 2018 at 04:06 PM
  #47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_Blossom View Post
Thanks for the links. I'm still a little shaken over my sister-in-law's suicide a few months ago. She left a nine-year-old behind and it hits so close to home that my heart just aches for him.
I'm so sorry that you are struggling right now!
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
zapatoes
Grand Magnate
 
zapatoes's Avatar
zapatoes Looking for my way
 
Member Since: Sep 2018
Location: Islandia
Posts: 4,263 (SuperPoster!)
5 yr Member
10.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 28, 2019 at 11:23 PM
  #48
Sometimes it’s just sad already, when someone is an addict and then they’re gone and you wish they could have beaten it and lived a good life, one you know they were capable of living, more than capable.
zapatoes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
 
Hugs from:
88Butterfly88, bpcyclist, CANDC
Buffy01
Wise Elder
 
Buffy01's Avatar
Buffy01 has no updates.
 
Member Since: Oct 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 9,413 (SuperPoster!)
5 yr Member
9,640 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 01, 2019 at 06:45 PM
  #49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace14 View Post
Even though I was not a big fan of Kate Spade and Anthony Bourdain so much talk about their suicides is very triggering. Anyone else feel that way?
Sometimes! I lost someone to suicide! I only wish I had done something!
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
 
Hugs from:
88Butterfly88, Trace14
UnclesGirl
New Member
 
UnclesGirl's Avatar
UnclesGirl has no updates.
 
Member Since: Jan 2020
Location: Des Moines, iowa
Posts: 2
3 yr Member
2 hugs
given
Trig Jan 17, 2020 at 05:19 AM
  #50
Hi everyone! I am sorry for everyone's losses. My heart knows the struggle so we'll.
I lost my fiancee 5 years ago. I can't explain the pain I have felt since that day. It has forever changed me. I always speak of my life in two chapters: before the suicide and after the suicide.
I can't think about it for to long or the pain overwhelms me. I have not dealt with this grief much.
I know that finding others that can understand my grief has been so helpful in my journey. So thank you everyone who shared.

__________________
UnclesGirl

Last edited by atisketatasket; Jan 17, 2020 at 09:41 AM.. Reason: Added trigger
UnclesGirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll
 
Skeezyks's Avatar
Skeezyks has no updates.
 
Member Since: Oct 2015
Location: The Star of the North
Posts: 32,762 (SuperPoster!)
8 yr Member
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Heart Jan 17, 2020 at 07:10 PM
  #51
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnclesGirl View Post
Hi everyone! I am sorry for everyone's losses. My heart knows the struggle so we'll.
I lost my fiancee 5 years ago. I can't explain the pain I have felt since that day. It has forever changed me. I always speak of my life in two chapters: before the suicide and after the suicide.
I can't think about it for to long or the pain overwhelms me. I have not dealt with this grief much.
I know that finding others that can understand my grief has been so helpful in my journey. So thank you everyone who shared.
@UnclesGirl Here are links to 2 articles, from PC's archives, on the subject of surviving a loved one's suicide:

Guideposts for Surviving a Loved One's Suicide

This Side of Suicide: Using the Written Word to Cope with Loss

And then I thought I would also share with you my personal favorite, among the articles in PC's archives, on the subject of grief & loss:

What My Dog Taught Me about Grief and Loss


__________________
"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Buffy01
Wise Elder
 
Buffy01's Avatar
Buffy01 has no updates.
 
Member Since: Oct 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 9,413 (SuperPoster!)
5 yr Member
9,640 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 19, 2021 at 09:45 PM
  #52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_Blossom View Post
Thanks for the links. I'm still a little shaken over my sister-in-law's suicide a few months ago. She left a nine-year-old behind and it hits so close to home that my heart just aches for him. :rain3:
I understand because I loss my brother suicide.

__________________
Everyone can do magic - Cassie Nightgale the good witch.

Dear Diary today will be different today I can smile it will be genuine because today is the day I get to live.

This life will be good and beautiful, but not without heartbreak.

In death come peace. But pain is the cost of living.

Like love, it's how we know we're alive.

And life goes on.

That my life weird, messy, complicated, sad, wonderful, amazing, and above all epic and I owe all to Stephen. - Eleanor Gilbert Vampire Diaries
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
 
Thanks for this!
zapatoes
MariaSmith8
New Member
MariaSmith8 has no updates.
 
Member Since: Mar 2022
Location: US
Posts: 1
1 yr Member
Default Apr 11, 2022 at 05:15 PM
  #53
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebop View Post
I will find and post links here to help deal with suicide

please post responses in a new thread. thanks
Thank you for the link!
MariaSmith8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Buffy01
Wise Elder
 
Buffy01's Avatar
Buffy01 has no updates.
 
Member Since: Oct 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 9,413 (SuperPoster!)
5 yr Member
9,640 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 15, 2022 at 08:45 PM
  #54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_J View Post
Ok, so I am a survivor of suicide. In 2001, my brother suffered from depression, and had previously been hospitalised for suicide attempts. One and half months prior to his death, he'd been in ICU for a drugs overdose and had escaped without brain damage.

He took another drugs overdose, and this time he was successful. There was some evidence my Dad had tried to recsusitate him (he was a doctor). Later, at his inquest, the pathologist said it was the biggest overdose he had ever seen in his career.

My Dad didn't call anyone. Unbeknown to me he'd been fighting a case of constructive dismissal at his job and was also suffering from depression. He took an overdose of painkillers.

Some days later, when my Mother was worried because she couldn't get an answer on the phone, I opened the door to their house and found them.

If someone you love commits suicide, here are some bits of advice you might find useful.

* It's not your fault.
* That black, physical pain you feel will ease eventually.
* You may be very angry with them at times. This is normal. Don't be ashamed of it.
* Acquaintances, and sometimes even close friends will avoid you. This is because they don't know what to say, and are afraid.
* It takes time, but one day you'll wake up and it won't be your first thought. Promise.
* Just in case you missed it. It's not your fault.
* You will learn to live with it.
* If you're depressed yourself, get help.
* Be kind to yourself.

Some useful links:

http://www.uk-sobs.org.uk/
Suicide Loss Survivors | Alliance of Hope

I may add other useful bits and pieces to this thread as I think of them.

Keep well, ppl :)

:grouphug:
Thank you, This means a lot to me.

__________________
Everyone can do magic - Cassie Nightgale the good witch.

Dear Diary today will be different today I can smile it will be genuine because today is the day I get to live.

This life will be good and beautiful, but not without heartbreak.

In death come peace. But pain is the cost of living.

Like love, it's how we know we're alive.

And life goes on.

That my life weird, messy, complicated, sad, wonderful, amazing, and above all epic and I owe all to Stephen. - Eleanor Gilbert Vampire Diaries
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Buffy01
Wise Elder
 
Buffy01's Avatar
Buffy01 has no updates.
 
Member Since: Oct 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 9,413 (SuperPoster!)
5 yr Member
9,640 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 15, 2022 at 08:45 PM
  #55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_J View Post
Ok, so I am a survivor of suicide. In 2001, my brother suffered from depression, and had previously been hospitalised for suicide attempts. One and half months prior to his death, he'd been in ICU for a drugs overdose and had escaped without brain damage.

He took another drugs overdose, and this time he was successful. There was some evidence my Dad had tried to recsusitate him (he was a doctor). Later, at his inquest, the pathologist said it was the biggest overdose he had ever seen in his career.

My Dad didn't call anyone. Unbeknown to me he'd been fighting a case of constructive dismissal at his job and was also suffering from depression. He took an overdose of painkillers.

Some days later, when my Mother was worried because she couldn't get an answer on the phone, I opened the door to their house and found them.

If someone you love commits suicide, here are some bits of advice you might find useful.

* It's not your fault.
* That black, physical pain you feel will ease eventually.
* You may be very angry with them at times. This is normal. Don't be ashamed of it.
* Acquaintances, and sometimes even close friends will avoid you. This is because they don't know what to say, and are afraid.
* It takes time, but one day you'll wake up and it won't be your first thought. Promise.
* Just in case you missed it. It's not your fault.
* You will learn to live with it.
* If you're depressed yourself, get help.
* Be kind to yourself.

Some useful links:

http://www.uk-sobs.org.uk/
Suicide Loss Survivors | Alliance of Hope

I may add other useful bits and pieces to this thread as I think of them.

Keep well, ppl :)

:grouphug:
Thank you, This means a lot to me.

__________________
Everyone can do magic - Cassie Nightgale the good witch.

Dear Diary today will be different today I can smile it will be genuine because today is the day I get to live.

This life will be good and beautiful, but not without heartbreak.

In death come peace. But pain is the cost of living.

Like love, it's how we know we're alive.

And life goes on.

That my life weird, messy, complicated, sad, wonderful, amazing, and above all epic and I owe all to Stephen. - Eleanor Gilbert Vampire Diaries
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
suicide messyocdgirl Depression 18 Jun 14, 2018 07:54 AM
suicide messyocdgirl New Member Introductions 0 Jul 14, 2008 12:04 AM
Dealing with a family suicide nevagiveup Grief and Loss 12 Jun 22, 2008 03:28 PM
suicide, FIRST HUG with T, becoming a T PetulantWolf Psychotherapy 4 Jun 24, 2007 11:31 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® — Copyright © 2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.



 

My Support Forums

My Support Forums is the online community that was originally begun as the Psych Central Forums in 2001. It now runs as an independent self-help support group community for mental health, personality, and psychological issues and is overseen by a group of dedicated, caring volunteers from around the world.

 

Helplines and Lifelines

The material on this site is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider.

Always consult your doctor or mental health professional before trying anything you read here.