Closed Thread
Thread Tools Display Modes
Founder & Your Host
Community Support Team
Chat Leader
DocJohn's Avatar
DocJohn is trying to stay warm!
Member Since: May 2001
Location: Greater Boston, MA
Posts: 13,223
20 yr Member
159 hugs
PC PoohBah!
Old Jan 25, 2008 at 07:15 PM
After discussion and agreement amongst the community team, we've decided that "I'm sorry, but I'm leaving" posts do not serve the community good and, in fact, often cause harm and upset amongst the remaining members.

We feel that if you're leaving -- as a few of our members choose to do -- that is your right. But you should inform your friends and such via PM, not via a public post to all.

If you are a long-time member (e.g., over 2 years old) and still feel like you'd like to make such a post, PM me personally and I'll approve the post.

All future "I'm leaving" posts that have not been approved by me will be removed; the guidelines will be updated to reflect this change.

Thank you,

Don't throw away your shot.
DocJohn is online now  
Hugs from:
Buffy01, Lexi232
Thanks for this!
*Laurie*, amandalouise, anneo59, Buffy01, Lexi232, likewater, LoneWolfie, Nammu, notz, pegasus, Sanada, Skajblue, taylor43

Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's with all the leaving posts??? pegasus Other Mental Health Discussion 41 Jan 25, 2008 09:12 PM
Leaving PC Monty_girl Dissociative Disorders 11 Jan 24, 2006 09:12 PM
leaving RhysMadison Dissociative Disorders 12 Jun 28, 2005 06:13 PM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:58 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® — Copyright © 2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


My Support Forums

My Support Forums is the online community that was originally begun as the Psych Central Forums in 2001. It now runs as an independent community, overseen by a group of dedicated, caring volunteers from around the world.


Helplines and Lifelines

The material on this site is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider.

Always consult your doctor or mental health professional before trying anything you read here.