advertisement
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2021, 07:53 PM   #161
unaluna
Elder Harridan x-hankster
 
unaluna's Avatar
unaluna The UNA in Florida - Please, dont @mention me?Thanks!
 
Member Since: Jun 2011
Location: Milan/Michigan
Posts: 36,304 (SuperPoster!)
10 yr Member
57.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Help with hoarding

I had received new coffee mixes today and i already put them away on the shelf. I also unpacked a box of riced broccoli (dry). Cus sometimes i look at my house and say, ya know, if you did just one box a day, it would eventually get done! Or at least be less than it is! I am also peeing today - i take my diuretic twice a week, and i am kind of uncomfortable on those days. So i am doing pretty well considering.
unaluna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
"Thanks for this!" says:

advertisement
Old 04-18-2021, 10:02 PM   #162
Buffy01
Elder
 
Buffy01's Avatar
Buffy01 has no updates.
 
Member Since: Oct 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 5,322 (SuperPoster!)
3 yr Member
6,298 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Help with hoarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by unaluna View Post
I had received new coffee mixes today and i already put them away on the shelf. I also unpacked a box of riced broccoli (dry). Cus sometimes i look at my house and say, ya know, if you did just one box a day, it would eventually get done! Or at least be less than it is! I am also peeing today - i take my diuretic twice a week, and i am kind of uncomfortable on those days. So i am doing pretty well considering.
Congratulations! That is great advice.
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 04-18-2021, 10:03 PM   #163
Buffy01
Elder
 
Buffy01's Avatar
Buffy01 has no updates.
 
Member Since: Oct 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 5,322 (SuperPoster!)
3 yr Member
6,298 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Help with hoarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvert View Post
You guys should see my fridge. I took the whole thing apart and washed (almost) every piece.
Congratulations. How do you feel?
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 04-18-2021, 10:04 PM   #164
Buffy01
Elder
 
Buffy01's Avatar
Buffy01 has no updates.
 
Member Since: Oct 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 5,322 (SuperPoster!)
3 yr Member
6,298 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Help with hoarding

I have finally clean out my closet. I have a floor now. After four years.
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 04-20-2021, 06:04 AM   #165
hvert
Grand Magnate
 
hvert's Avatar
hvert has no updates.
 
Member Since: Jan 2014
Location: US
Posts: 4,375
5 yr Member
2,964 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Help with hoarding

Woohoo! Lots of victories!


I still am happy with my fridge though I'm back to just jamming stuff in anywhere. I moved the shelves into a new configuration and like it much better than the old one - even if it is a mess, it is easier to see leftovers in the back.

I need to tackle the kitchen today.
hvert is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 04-20-2021, 06:00 PM   #166
Buffy01
Elder
 
Buffy01's Avatar
Buffy01 has no updates.
 
Member Since: Oct 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 5,322 (SuperPoster!)
3 yr Member
6,298 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Help with hoarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvert View Post
Woohoo! Lots of victories!


I still am happy with my fridge though I'm back to just jamming stuff in anywhere. I moved the shelves into a new configuration and like it much better than the old one - even if it is a mess, it is easier to see leftovers in the back.

I need to tackle the kitchen today.
Im glad that you are happy with your fridge. It going to take time to break old habits.
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 05-27-2021, 05:24 AM   #167
hvert
Grand Magnate
 
hvert's Avatar
hvert has no updates.
 
Member Since: Jan 2014
Location: US
Posts: 4,375
5 yr Member
2,964 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Help with hoarding

My house is so trashed. I keep clearing things off and then piling them up again.
hvert is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 05-28-2021, 08:13 PM   #168
Buffy01
Elder
 
Buffy01's Avatar
Buffy01 has no updates.
 
Member Since: Oct 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 5,322 (SuperPoster!)
3 yr Member
6,298 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Help with hoarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvert View Post
My house is so trashed. I keep clearing things off and then piling them up again.
That is how it is with my bedroom on my new dresser and entertainment center.
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 05-29-2021, 04:52 AM   #169
hvert
Grand Magnate
 
hvert's Avatar
hvert has no updates.
 
Member Since: Jan 2014
Location: US
Posts: 4,375
5 yr Member
2,964 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Help with hoarding

I have been piling stuff up on one of the couches. I think it is because I am now working from the dining room table and when we eat, I move everything to the nearby couch and leave it there.

A friend is coming over this morning and I will need to do some kind of blitz to get this place presentable. It will probably involve moving a bunch of stuff upstairs.
hvert is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 06-19-2021, 08:40 PM   #170
Buffy01
Elder
 
Buffy01's Avatar
Buffy01 has no updates.
 
Member Since: Oct 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 5,322 (SuperPoster!)
3 yr Member
6,298 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Help with hoarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvert View Post
I have been piling stuff up on one of the couches. I think it is because I am now working from the dining room table and when we eat, I move everything to the nearby couch and leave it there.

A friend is coming over this morning and I will need to do some kind of blitz to get this place presentable. It will probably involve moving a bunch of stuff upstairs.
I hear you. I been taking a break from cleaning my closet for awhile..
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 06-19-2021, 10:28 PM   #171
unaluna
Elder Harridan x-hankster
 
unaluna's Avatar
unaluna The UNA in Florida - Please, dont @mention me?Thanks!
 
Member Since: Jun 2011
Location: Milan/Michigan
Posts: 36,304 (SuperPoster!)
10 yr Member
57.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Help with hoarding

I just ordered huge new garbage bags and exacto blades. Give this another try. I dont want anything leaking or tearing on me.
unaluna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 06-20-2021, 05:49 PM   #172
Buffy01
Elder
 
Buffy01's Avatar
Buffy01 has no updates.
 
Member Since: Oct 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 5,322 (SuperPoster!)
3 yr Member
6,298 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Help with hoarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by unaluna View Post
I just ordered huge new garbage bags and exacto blades. Give this another try. I dont want anything leaking or tearing on me.
That is awesome. I got some space bags for my closet a d found clothes hanger that can carry multiple clothes.
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 10-04-2021, 09:08 PM   #173
Buffy01
Elder
 
Buffy01's Avatar
Buffy01 has no updates.
 
Member Since: Oct 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 5,322 (SuperPoster!)
3 yr Member
6,298 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Re: Help with hoarding

I finally declutter the top of my dresser, chess and entertainment center.
__________________
Everyone can do magic - Cassie Nightgale the good witch.

Stop hating and do more loving.
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 10-05-2021, 05:08 AM   #174
hvert
Grand Magnate
 
hvert's Avatar
hvert has no updates.
 
Member Since: Jan 2014
Location: US
Posts: 4,375
5 yr Member
2,964 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Help with hoarding

I put away some art supplies that had been sitting in the living room unused since June.
hvert is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 10-05-2021, 05:47 AM   #175
unaluna
Elder Harridan x-hankster
 
unaluna's Avatar
unaluna The UNA in Florida - Please, dont @mention me?Thanks!
 
Member Since: Jun 2011
Location: Milan/Michigan
Posts: 36,304 (SuperPoster!)
10 yr Member
57.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Help with hoarding

Im breaking down the mountain of carp. Ive cleared a few square feet in front of the front door. Pretty soon i will be able to fit a grocery cart in here so i can pack up and throw out maybe 4 bags at a time. That would really cut down number of trips to do this. I am shooting for maintenance to convert the a/c in two weeks and for this place not to be horrifying when they come in.
unaluna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 10-06-2021, 09:29 PM   #176
Buffy01
Elder
 
Buffy01's Avatar
Buffy01 has no updates.
 
Member Since: Oct 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 5,322 (SuperPoster!)
3 yr Member
6,298 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Help with hoarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvert View Post
I put away some art supplies that had been sitting in the living room unused since June.
That is good.
__________________
Everyone can do magic - Cassie Nightgale the good witch.

Stop hating and do more loving.

Last edited by Buffy01; 10-06-2021 at 09:30 PM.. Reason: Left something out
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 10-10-2021, 07:14 PM   #177
Buffy01
Elder
 
Buffy01's Avatar
Buffy01 has no updates.
 
Member Since: Oct 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 5,322 (SuperPoster!)
3 yr Member
6,298 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Help with hoarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by unaluna View Post
Im breaking down the mountain of carp. Ive cleared a few square feet in front of the front door. Pretty soon i will be able to fit a grocery cart in here so i can pack up and throw out maybe 4 bags at a time. That would really cut down number of trips to do this. I am shooting for maintenance to convert the a/c in two weeks and for this place not to be horrifying when they come in.
That is awesome. Keep working at it.
__________________
Everyone can do magic - Cassie Nightgale the good witch.

Stop hating and do more loving.
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® — Copyright © 2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.



 

My Support Forums

My Support Forums is the online community that was originally begun on Psych Central in 2001. It now runs as an independent community, overseen by a group of volunteers & Dr. John Grohol.

 

Helplines and Lifelines

The material on this site is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider.

Always consult your doctor or mental health professional before trying anything you read here.