advertisement
Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
jesyka
Poohbah
 
jesyka's Avatar
 
Member Since Jun 2020
Location: U.S
Posts: 1,341
4
272 hugs
given
Default Jul 08, 2024 at 03:17 PM
  #1
My hair color never lasts more than 2-3 weeks unfortunately even when I use permanent hair dye. I ger it professionally colored.

It does matter what color it is. It especially fades super fast when I dye it any kind of reddish color or when I use fashion colors.

I have a ton of white hair so I meed to dye it often.

I do use shampoo & conditioner for color treated hair most if the time. I have secere dandruff if U don’t wash my hair every 2-3 days, so I need to use dandruff shampoo too which strios the color unfortunately.

Does this happen to anyone else too. It doesn’t even help when my stylist leaves the color on for an extra 15 minutes!

Why is my color fading so fast all the time? Is there any color safe again for color treated dry damaged gair?
jesyka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
 
Hugs from:
nonightowl

advertisement
divine1966
Legendary Wise Elder
 
divine1966's Avatar
 
Member Since Dec 2014
Location: US
Posts: 22,639 (SuperPoster!)
9
1,285 hugs
given
Default Jul 08, 2024 at 04:01 PM
  #2
I’d ask your hair dresser for suggestions about special shampoos and conditioners for dyed hair (I know you said you use it but you might need a different brand) as well as how to combat dandruff. You might need deep conditioning treatment to fight dandruff.

Also check quality of your water. Do you have hard water?

Have you tried sulfate free shampoos and conditioners?
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
BeyondtheRainbow
Wise Elder
 
BeyondtheRainbow's Avatar
 
Member Since Apr 2015
Location: US
Posts: 9,374 (SuperPoster!)
9
9,884 hugs
given
Default Jul 08, 2024 at 08:55 PM
  #3
I was curious if there was a product for both dandruff and color safe and there is! This is just the first one I saw; there are probably more if you search.

https://www.amazon.com/Head-Shoulder...3&gad_source=1

__________________
Bipolar 1, PTSD, GAD, OCD.
Clozapine 250 mg, Emsam 12 mg/day patch, topamax 25 mg, ,Gabapentin 1700 mg & 100-2 PRN,. 1.5 mg clonazepam., 50 mg Seroquel
BeyondtheRainbow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
jesyka
Poohbah
 
jesyka's Avatar
 
Member Since Jun 2020
Location: U.S
Posts: 1,341
4
272 hugs
given
Default Jul 10, 2024 at 11:36 AM
  #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
I’d ask your hair dresser for suggestions about special shampoos and conditioners for dyed hair (I know you said you use it but you might need a different brand) as well as how to combat dandruff. You might need deep conditioning treatment to fight dandruff.

Also check quality of your water. Do you have hard water?

Have you tried sulfate free shampoos and conditioners?
Thanks. I will. Yes, I tried stuff without sulfates in it too.

Idk if we have hardwater or not. We probably do.
jesyka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
divine1966
Legendary Wise Elder
 
divine1966's Avatar
 
Member Since Dec 2014
Location: US
Posts: 22,639 (SuperPoster!)
9
1,285 hugs
given
Default Jul 10, 2024 at 12:16 PM
  #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesyka View Post
Thanks. I will. Yes, I tried stuff without sulfates in it too.

Idk if we have hardwater or not. We probably do.
I am sure you’d know if you have it. How long did you live in the house? Honestly it took us awhile to figure it out ourselves. We thought something was weird but weren’t sure for like almost a year.

Do you have a build up of minerals in your appliances? How does your water taste? Call your city and ask if f you have well water.
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
jesyka
Poohbah
 
jesyka's Avatar
 
Member Since Jun 2020
Location: U.S
Posts: 1,341
4
272 hugs
given
Default Jul 17, 2024 at 11:54 AM
  #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondtheRainbow View Post
I was curious if there was a product for both dandruff and color safe and there is! This is just the first one I saw; there are probably more if you search.

Amazon.com
Thanks! I’ll try that out.
jesyka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
jesyka
Poohbah
 
jesyka's Avatar
 
Member Since Jun 2020
Location: U.S
Posts: 1,341
4
272 hugs
given
Default Jul 17, 2024 at 11:56 AM
  #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
I am sure you’d know if you have it. How long did you live in the house? Honestly it took us awhile to figure it out ourselves. We thought something was weird but weren’t sure for like almost a year.

Do you have a build up of minerals in your appliances? How does your water taste? Call your city and ask if you have well water.
Our house is old. We’ve lived there since 1998. We probably do have hard water. It doesn’t taste that great btw, the water from the shower & the faucet. We drink bottled water & filtered water from the fridge & so does our cat.
jesyka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
divine1966
Legendary Wise Elder
 
divine1966's Avatar
 
Member Since Dec 2014
Location: US
Posts: 22,639 (SuperPoster!)
9
1,285 hugs
given
Default Jul 17, 2024 at 07:57 PM
  #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesyka View Post
Our house is old. We’ve lived there since 1998. We probably do have hard water. It doesn’t taste that great btw, the water from the shower & the faucet. We drink bottled water & filtered water from the fridge & so does our cat.
Then you need water softener. Hard water is bad for your hair and appliances.
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My new hair color Anonymous49852 General Social Chat 8 May 03, 2017 05:36 PM
Hair color attraction. pirilin Bipolar 15 May 31, 2016 11:44 PM
What hair color would suit me? SingDanceRunLife General Social Chat 14 Oct 14, 2013 04:48 PM
Hair color mess up! Zen888 Women-Focused Support 19 Jun 17, 2009 12:07 AM
Dejected over hair color Zen888 Depression 7 Jun 09, 2009 10:21 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:48 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® — Copyright © 2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.



 

My Support Forums

My Support Forums is the online community that was originally begun as the Psych Central Forums in 2001. It now runs as an independent self-help support group community for mental health, personality, and psychological issues and is overseen by a group of dedicated, caring volunteers from around the world.

 

Helplines and Lifelines

The material on this site is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider.

Always consult your doctor or mental health professional before trying anything you read here.