Poohbah

Member Since Feb 2011
112 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 10, 2014 at 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Bedlam View Post
I don't fully blame my mother for everything. She (through choice, however), had untreated bipolar until like last year. I think my family situation (grandma is a narcissist btw), combined with being molested, led to a lot if my feelings about sex and self-esteem. My Dad did the best he could, but after my parents divorced, he became largely absent.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
Hi,
Please know that when I talk about parents mucking up their children I'm not being judgemental or making it into a good or bad thing. So, I wasn't talking about placing blame for anything on anybody. I mean, heck, I consider my wife and myself to be pretty darned good parents. But still, we did a couple of things that I wish we hadn't done and I think our daughter had to struggle to overcome our "mistakes".

Anyway... I know that it is what it is and placing blame is a senseless, self-defeating and destructive thing to do to one's self. Although I know that sometimes it's almost impossible to NOT want to blame someone for something they did that affects you in a negative way. It human nature to do so.

Dan
danvb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Angel of Bedlam, Truth in Ruin