Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,274 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 18, 2020 at 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Have Hope View Post
@seesaw, good question and I don't know! Count to ten? Take ten deep, very slow breaths? Take a brief or long walk and come back to it? Distract myself with something positive & come back to it? Eh. Who knows! I'll try all of the above.

To answer your question though, I don't have a strategy in mind. Perhaps something for me to research further. I am proud of myself though for not losing my cool very recently over something I was triggered by, and instead, I drew firm boundaries (because people were crossing them) and I kept my cool. That was progress.
That is great! I'm glad you were able to keep cool and be firm.

I asked the original question bc its something I've worked on over the past 2 years and has definitely been a challenge but I've made a lot of progress. The biggest challenge is to even know I'm reacting. There's a lot of self awareness to be built.

Good for you!

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Have Hope

Thanks for this!
Have Hope, Open Eyes