Community Liaison

Member Since Jul 2011
12.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 20, 2023 at 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosi700 View Post
I had an appointment with my mother at almost 95 today. We were going to shop new cloth to both of us and share a meal afterward.

Sorry to say, the pain in my body was too strong. I had to cancel our appointment because I was afraid that the "flu like" pain is a real flu. I didn't want to be the one who gave her some sickness. After all she is very old ...

I feel sad today, not only for having to cancel our appointment, but because I have started to wonder about what this really is. May be a flu, but what if it is Fibromyalgia? I have pain even beneath my feet. I don't think I can take more ...

I’m so sorry your dealing with pain. I’ve had Fibromyalgia for 20+ years diagnosed and first was told in my early 30’s ( I’m 55 now) and I can’t explain the anger and sadness I have because of it. Some days it’s not god awful and other days I am just in bed. I seldom get my pain below a 7. About 6 years ago I was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis so I have the muscle pain/ache of Fibro and now the joint degeneration of PsA

The foot pain can be unbearable at times. Have you tried Gabapentin ? I was on that and it helped a bit. I then went on Lyrica which is really just a refined version of Gabapentin. I also take Flexiril which is a muscle relaxer which helps a bit.

Getting consistent sleep is a huge help. Altho when your body aches it’s so hard to get it.

Do try to learn to pace yourself ( I suck at it often) but pacing can help. Look into the “ Spoon” way of coping. It really does fit how our abilities change from day to day.

Most of all be kind to yourself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, JaneOnceMore, Rosi700

Thanks for this!
Rosi700