Tart Cherry Jam
Magnate

Member Since Mar 2021
1,212 hugs
given
Default May 06, 2023 at 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unaluna View Post
Idk, i agree with woven galaxy. Here you are trying to make friends, and someone from your past reaches out. But instead of giving them the benefit of the doubt, you turn all rodney dangerfield and insult them. People can change in ten years, mellow out.
I am with @unaluna on a lost chance to give the benefit of the doubt. I think there were two options in front of you, @jesyka: decline the offer to reconnect and say nothing if you were not willing to give the benefit of the doubt, or, give the benefit of the doubt and not criticize that woman. I do not believe that there were any other good options. She might have been ambivalent and in the face of criticism, resorted to lashing out against you. It is now not possible to do anything about it, but if, against all odds, the situation repeats with another person who reaches out to you after going incommunicado for years, consider doing one of these two things depending on how you feel: either decline to connect without any explanation (not responding at all is OK), or, give the benefit of the doubt and treat it as accepting an olive branch extended to you.
Tart Cherry Jam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unaluna

Thanks for this!
Samicat, unaluna