Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
6,950 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Tongue Dec 30, 2023 at 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tart Cherry Jam View Post
Yes, she does, and so does Google with its Generative AI: they actually did not make mistakes when they understood my queries to mean T-shirts with kittens printed on them.
Nammu often knows words and things I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tart Cherry Jam View Post
true. And generative AI is not helpful, either.

I asked google [a type of t-shirt is called kitten] hoping that its Generative AI would be smart enough to understand. No, it was not. This is what it said:

"A kitten is a baby cat. T-shirts are a style of fabric shirt that are named after the T shape of their body and sleeves. They traditionally have short sleeves and a round neckline, known as a crew neck, which lacks a collar."

So it did not say anything at all that we did not already know. It was completely useless.
I didn't know those T-shirts are named after the shape of kittens and their bodies. They were just T-shirts to me and those are the only kind I ever wore anyway. On the subject of AI, this scares the daylights out of me. It is moving too fast and it is not going to get enough oversight. Not only does it not always know the answer, but it can create things or imitate people such as actors.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote