divine1966
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,291 hugs
given
Default Jan 03, 2024 at 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesyka View Post
Things aren’t as easy as that. I have no access to the checkbook. He has threatened to take my name off the joint account numerous times. Did you forget about that?

There isn’t much that I can do. He is financially controlling.

I need money to pay the plumber obviously. I can pay the plumber with my last check & use some of the weekly cash that I get too.

I’m not a child, but I am being financially abused. Do you understand that now?
I didn’t forget that. But threatening to take you off the accounts is not the same as actually taking you off. Are you still on the account? You never said he took you off.

If you don’t have a checkbook, you could transfer money digitally. Like bank transfers or pay pal etc all you need is to have a bank account. I do occasionally use checks but my husband never does. You don’t need a checkbook

I am not saying you are a child but this sounds like life of a child. Like you can’t do anything on your own without parental permission

If there’s no way for you to get into joint account for some reason, you might use that allowance money for maintenance. If he pays for all household expenses, you might have to pay for repairs.

Are you looking for a job? Or applying for disability?