Member Since Sep 2020
5,877 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Today at 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogyogm View Post
This is the way I see Sisyphus:

He wants the rock on the hill. Rock wants nothing as it is just an object, lifeless and empty. Other people ("gods") want rock on the bottom, but just to spite Sisyphus.
For me, it is conflict of genuine achievement in life versus the aggressive and destructive society which has no purpose.

I too associate myself only with my mind. My body is futile and ridiculed by everyone, starting with my parents. But my mind is free, it goes wherever I wish.
Maybe, try to vent your anger on this stupid world of hairless apes? My therapist used to say it helps. It may.
oh, yeah, my insinuation that a rock has desires was more of a joke. My genuine interpretation of Sisyphus is that you put in all your efforts over and over to move towards your goals, and there will forever be set backs--maybe caused by society, maybe not--but you just keep working on it. Over, and over.

I don't know. I don't have a "top of the hill" so I can't relate, but that's just what comes to mind when I think of it.

I don't really have anger. I mean, I do sometimes, maybe too intensely, but it doesn't really feel like even that's there when it's not all-consuming. Overall, it's just emptiness.

I do think of my mind of kind of a place to explore infinitely (and that's cool af), but that kind of roaming alone without direction can get dangerous.

Hugs from:
ogyogm

Thanks for this!
ogyogm